Handling large corporate mergers while working at the Washington, D.C. branch of the international law firm Kelley Drye & Warren LLP gave Jill valuable insight into what businesses need to gain value and succeed. Her prior work in the CPA Tax Division of the top national accounting firm, Arthur Anderson & Company, gave her additional insight into the financial issues affecting all businesses.
With a solid educational background in Economics, an MBA in Real Estate, and a specialized postgraduate degree in Tax from Georgetown Law School, Jill is experienced and capable of advising businesses of all sizes.
Jill’s practice includes the sale or purchase of businesses, shareholder agreements and disputes, helping businesses grow and prosper, and serving as a trusted, long-term advisor to corporate executives. When founding Southern Legal, Jill’s goal was to bring the sophisticated practice of a large firm to a Florida coastal town.
- Emerald Coast Association of Realtors – Public Policy Committee (2013 – 2015)
- Panhandle Animal Welfare Society Board (2004 – 2018)
- Northwest Fla. Collegiate High School Advisory Council (2012 – 2013)
- Mary Esther Code Enforcement Board (2002 – 2008)
- Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law – Supreme Court Appointment (2001-2002)
- Certified Private Pilot
- Certified Scuba Rescue Diver